This position is located in the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Region VI, Recovery Division. The incumbent will serve as the Region’s expert on community planning and capacity building, providing targeted recovery support and technical assistance resources to assist disaster-impacted communities in identifying community recovery strategies and plans.
Typical assignments include:
- Evaluates and advises the FDRC on the need for focused disaster recovery technical assistance for the communities affected.
- Oversees multiple planning operations in the field depending upon the severity and magnitude of disaster incidents.
- Establishes and coordinates locally driven recovery planning processes.
- Facilitates community and neighborhood workshops and involvement in the disaster recovery and planning process.
- Assists in incorporating mitigation, sustainability and resilience building measures into CPCB recovery planning and capacity efforts.
For more info and to apply, visit the job posting.